Large Leather & Purple Vintage Huipil Fabric Wrist Clutch Handmade in Guatemala.
- One of a Kind - Vintage Huipil Fabric and Soft Leather
- Fully Lined with Colorful Corte Fabric
- Envelope Style Flap with Magnetic Snap
- Removable Leather Wrist Strap
- Measures 10.5" W by 6.5" H
"Huipil" refers to a weaving technique usually made with fabric woven on a back strap loom. The designs can be rich in symbolism when using images of gods, flowers, frogs and other images with mythological importance. It also includes a set of symbols which serve as a kind of signature of the weaver. The ceremonial huipil has designs that represent the universe. This huipil is used only by women of the highest social rank and it is also used to dress statues of saints.